Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Memorial of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin

A Memorial for Steve Irwin was held today in his family owned zoo.

The likes of Australian PM John Howard, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Cameron Diaz, The Wiggles, Larry King, Justin Timberlake, Hugh Jackman, Wes Mannion, Peter Beattie all spoke at the memorial. There were also moving tributes from his daughter Bindi, and dad, Bob.

His daughter Bindi said her own tribute from a sheet of paper in front of an image of her dad.

She said: "My daddy was my hero - he was always there for me when I needed him."

"He listened to me and taught me so many things but most of all he was fun.

"I know that Daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did."

She said her father built a hospital and bought land to give animals a safe place to live and she wanted to continue his legacy.

"I don't want Daddy's passion to ever end," she said. "I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did."

"I have the best Daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day," she said.

"When I see a crocodile I will always think of him and I know that Daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals.

"Daddy made this place his whole life and now it's our turn to help Daddy."

For links on the the occasion:

Article

Pictures

Videos:

Video 1

Prime Minister John Howards speech

Bindi's speech

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home